See the top 10 best sex toys to take on a vacation to add more fun to your holiday!
Top 10 Best Sex Toys To Take On Vacation
This post was last updated on December 16, 2020 at 2:19 p.m.
Traveling with luxury sex toys presents some unique challenges -- specifically how to pack them and what to do if your bag gets searched.
Do's and Don't of Traveling with Sex Toys
Here are some helpful tips about what to do and not to do if you are going on vacation and will be traveling with luxury sex toys:
DO remove your batteries from your vibrator before packing. Of course, this is a non-issue if you have a rechargeable vibrator. It's also a good idea to lock your vibrator if it comes with a travel lock feature. Finally, although airport security does wear gloves, we recommend storing your adult sex toys in clear plastic bag just in case they need to "inspect" your toys.
DO remember that size does matter when it comes to what's inside your carry-ons. TSA restricts "hand tools" longer than 7 inches in carry-ons, so if you a have a longer toy, it might fall into the category of “baton-like” or “club-like” items that have to be checked. Also, it's worth mentioning that TSA sometimes confiscates items from checked luggage when they cannot tell what they are. So if you think your toy is ambiguous, consider attaching a (nice) note.
DO take personal lubrication with you. You don’t want to be caught in a foreign city explaining that you need lube. Come prepared to enjoy yourself and you won't have to waste your time finding a drug store.
DO remember to use the “Do Not Disturb” sign in your hotel room so that you’re not interrupted in the middle of something.
DO remember that hotel walls can be super thin and that your neighbors may be able to hear everything.
DO try to pack smaller mini vibrators and adult toys, which are more discreet, when traveling. The larger heavier items should stay home.
DON’T forget a sexy outfit! Whether it’s a new dress or sexy lingerie, pack something that will not only make you feel sexy but make your lover want you!
DON’T forget to limit the liquids (including lubricant) in your carry-on to 3.4 oz/100ml. Whether you remember or not, there is a chance that security will open your bag. So, be prepared. If you don't want to take any chances, check your luggage.
Adult Sex Toys are Among the Most Common Items to Get Flagged
Vibrators and luxury sex toys, a.k.a. personal devices, are some of the most common things that get flagged during a security screening, especially when the screening is being done by less experienced agents.
Not only can interesting shapes cause concern or question, the electric parts inside of toys also inspire TSA searches.
Having Your Bag Searched Is OK
Yes - getting your bag searched by security might be very embarrassing. You probably don't want your sex toys being touched or displayed for all to see. Of course it could happen. If so, remind yourself:
- You've done nothing wrong. Vibrators are legal (for someone to own) everywhere in the US. So you can't get "in trouble" for having them. Note: if you are traveling outside the U.S., check the country's laws. Toys are illegal in certain countries.
- TSA agents have seen everything. Your toys really won't phase them. You aren't the first person to travel with sex toys and you definitely won't be the last!
- Vibrators are just another electronic device. If there's any question, just respond with a straightforward, "That's my vibrator/marital aid/romance product/adult sex toy/relationship enhancement product/passion product/whatever word you're comfortable with." Only its use differentiates it from things like cameras and computers.
If you are still feeling really embarrassed or nervous, then you have every right to ask to be screened in private. This way you don't have to worry about anyone else seeing your toys.
6 Ways to Make Traveling with Sex Toys Easier
What can you do to make traveling with sex toys easier? Here are 6 tips:
1. Bring a toy that doesn’t look like a sex toy. If it gets removed, it's less likely to draw attention.
2. Prevent vibrators from accidentally turning on. Always remove the batteries if your toys have them. If not, see if you can lock the toy. This means your toy won't turn on even if it's buttons get pushed. Check the toy's instruction manual for directions how.
3. Put your toys in a clear plastic bag. This way if someone inspects your carry-on OR checked suitcase, they don't actually touch your toy.
4. Don't forget toy cleanser. Yes -- even if you put the toy in a plastic bag, you still need to wash your toys before and after each use with toy cleaner. For traveling, we prefer S+HE AfterGlow Cleansing Tissues. They come in a thin package and they don't take up precious space. Plus, they are also great for cleanup after sex or cleaning any intimate areas.
5. Remember: size matters. Anything more than 7 inches is considered baton- or club-like and isn't allowed in your carry-on. Checking it is a better option but there is still a risk the toy will be confiscated. Unless you can't live without it, leave your heavy and larger toys at home.
6. Remember the 3-1-1 rule for liquids. Personal lubricant, toy cleanser, and other liquids or gels need to be in small containers (3 oz. or less) and then placed in a quart-sized plastic bag. Anything bigger? Check them! Another option would be to get a sample or variety pack of lubes. These individual packs are less than 3 oz., ensure your lube won't spill, and let you try something new.
The Rules for Other Sex Toys Vary
The tips above are great for vibrators, dildos, and liquids. But what about other sex toys and accessories? When in doubt, check the TSA website or contact the TSA directly.
Definitely okay to carry-on
- Strap-on harnesses or other gear made of leather, fabric, buckles
Could go either way: might be a good idea to check
Toys longer than 7 inches, especially ones made of hard or heavy materials like glass, stone, or stainless steel
Whips: Riding whips and riding crops are okay for carry-on but other whips must be checked
Paddles & Floggers: ping-pong paddles are ok; anything bigger should get checked
E-stim: TENS units for pain treatment are okay to carry-on, so you e-stim should be too
- Objects with sharp edges or points
- Objects that are similar in size/shape/weight to clubs, bats, or batons
Traveling with sex toys isn't hard
Yes, there's a risk of embarrassment. But with at least half of the people in the US using sex toys, they're common and not all that surprising. Take a deep breath, practice saying, "That's my sex toy," and focus on your upcoming holiday!
The Top . . .
10 BEST SEX TOYS
TO TAKE ON VACATION
1. BEST REMOTE-CONTROLLED COUPLES VIBRATOR: We-Vibe Chorus
(Free & discreet shipping)
We-Vibe Chorus Couples Vibrator is a dual stimulation vibrator (stimulating the clitoris and the G-spot). It can be used for solo or couples play. When worn inside the vagina during sex, this remote controlled vibrator allows both partners to experience pleasure at the same time.
The We-Vibe Chorus offers a customized fit and is controlled with either a squeezable remote control or your smartphone!
2. BEST COUPLES VIBRATOR TO STIMULATE THE CLITORIS: Eva 2 by Dame Products
(Free & discreet shipping)
If you want a hands-free couples vibrator but don’t want a vibrator that gets in the way during sex, then you should try the Eva 2 by Dame. Thanks to its wings, it fits securely into the labia majora. It vibrates directly on the clitoris so that both partners feel pleasure. The Eva 2 is:
- Smaller and Light
- Short wings and a compact profile for better fit
- Simple to use with button at the top
- 100% waterproof
- Includes charging base/travel case
3. BEST VIBRATING COCK RING: We-Vibe Pivot
(Free & discreet shipping)
The Pivot is a luxury sex toy that enhances pleasure for both partners with stronger and longer lasting erections and more powerful orgasms for both partners.
Worn during sex, this high-quality and comfortable vibrating ring provides clitoral stimulation and enhances pleasure for both partners during sex. The Pivot stays put and can be used during many sexual positions.
Connect the Pivot Vibrating Ring to your smartphone with the free We-Connect app for more features including creating your own vibration patterns. Also, you can use your smartphone as a remote control and connect with your partner regardless of distance and control each others We-Vibe in real-time.
4. BEST RESTRAINTS: Sportsheets Under the Bed Restraint System
Then no better time than when you are on a holiday to try new things and experiment with new sexual play. Easy to travel with, the Under the Bed Restraint System by Sportsheets turns any bed into a fun restraint pleasure zone.
Perfect for beginners or advanced user, these restraint straps fit under any mattress or bed frame without hooks. Restrain your partner's arms or legs from the sides or the top and bottom of the bed.
5. BEST EXTERNAL VIBRATOR: Fin by Dame Products
(Free & discreet shipping)
Fin is a discreet and versatile finger vibrator that can be used anywhere for external stimulation before, during, or after sex.
Fin is easy to take on and take off. This luxury vibrator works with you hand's natural movement and is an extension of your hand putting vibration anywhere you want external vibration. It's ergonomic and easy to use making it helpful for people with disabilities or if you have mobility issues in your fingers, or have trouble holding a vibrator.
There’s no right or wrong way to use Fin. Worn between the fingers with or without a detachable tether, Fin can be worn at your fingertips or near your palm and offers three vibration speeds. It can also be worn above or below your hand. You can change how you wear Fin to get the sensations you want. Fin works any way you want, whether it be massage, foreplay, partnered, or solo play.
You can switch from pinpoint stimulation to broad stimulation by changing which end is closer to your fingertips, and which is closer to your palm. (And you don't even need to remove the tether to do so).
Vibrations can even travel through your fingers by flipping Fin to the backside of your hand or by sliding it up to the base of your fingers.
6. BEST BULLET VIBRATOR: Femme Fun Ultra
The Femme Fun Ultra Bullet Vibrator is one of the most powerful mini bullet vibrators on the market!
The Ultra Bullet is easy and convenient to use during masturbation or partner sex. This 100% silicone, inside and out luxury vibrator has one button to push with 20 vibration modes. The Femme Fun is small, lightweight, and 100% waterproof.
7. BEST SUCTION STIMULATOR: Womanizer Liberty
8. BEST G-SPOT VIBRATOR: We-Vibe Jive
(Free & discreet shipping)
The We-Vibe Jive is a remote controlled vibrating egg and mini G-spot hands-free sex toy.
This premium wearable G-spot vibrator with Bluetooth works with the free We-Connect app for hands-free pleasure for solo or couples play.
Jive is comfortable and lightweight. It can be worn during any activity, whether you are sitting at the beach/pool or enjoying drinks at the bar. Jive has a tapered waist so that it stays in place even as you move. The retrieval stem/antenna is thin and flexible so that it contours to your body so no one will know you using a vibrator.
9. BEST STIMULANT: ON Clitoral Arousal Oil
ON Clitoral Arousal Oil allows her to get aroused quicker and also has the benefits of producing a stronger more intense orgasm! This all-natural arousal oil starts at room temperature and then slowly starts to tingle, bringing the blood flow down to the clitoris to kick start her natural lubrication and arousal.
A MUST for every vacation!
*NOT recommended for people with almond allergies.
10. BEST COCK RING: Tantus Super Soft Penis Ring
This 1.5" Super Soft Silicone Penis Ring from Tantus is large enough for comfort and safety. It is an excellent penis ring for beginners because it is super soft and very stretchy.
Made with 100% ultra-premium silicone, the silicone is stretchy enough so that you can put it on anytime.
A penis ring holds the testicles down and keeps the testes from contracting thus slowing down ejaculation. Wearing a penis ring can create longer (from 6 seconds to 45 seconds), harder erections, and intensify the sensation of your orgasm.
11. Personal Lubricant
Why use lube?
Lubrication during sexual play is important. That is because lube makes sex better and makes sex more comfortable. The act of sexual intercourse often creates friction. If there is not enough lubrication, small tears could occur in the vagina, which could increase the risk of urinary tract infections, STIs, and other types of infections.
Just as important, lube makes sex much more pleasurable. Every sensation is enhanced which will allow you to feel every movement at a heightened level.
For anal play, lubrication is a must. Unlike the vagina, the anus does not produce natural lubrication. Therefore, lube is necessary. Plus, lube makes anal play more comfortable.
BEST WATER-BASED LUBE: Sliquid Organics Natural
Starts at $14.99
Created using only the most natural ingredients, Sliquid Organics Natural Lubricant is designed to keep your most intimate areas moisturized, while healing your skin.
This premium personal lubricant is water-based and water-soluble, making it extremely easy to clean up. It will not become sticky or tacky, because this water lubricant is designed to emulate your body's own natural lubrication. It can also be used with all types of sex toys.
BEST SILICONE LUBE: Uberlube
Starts at $15
Uberlube is the most luxurious premium silicone lubricant.
This premium lubricant is not only slippery but it has been designed to transfer sensation while reducing friction. It is not sticky or tacky and a little goes a long way. When finished, it leaves your skin soft and moisturized.
Recommended by doctors, Uberlube will not affect pH levels and is made with inert ingredients leaving it is scentless and tasteless. This premium lubricant's simple ingredient list makes it widely used by people with sensitivities.
Uberlube is 100% waterproof, which makes it excellent for sexual play in the shower or tub.
Uberlube features an easy to use pump in a leak-proof glass bottle and top. That means no messy bottles when trying to open or close the cap.
- Reduce chafing and blisters when running, swimming, or biking.
- Tames frizz, conditions ends, and is a heat protectant.
- Protects hair from harsh environments like chlorine and bromine in pools.
- Makes the color on old tattoos more vibrant.
- Reduces razor burn and keep skin soft and smooth
12. Sex Toy Cleaner
Why clean your sex toys?
It’s so important to keep your sex toys clean to not only stop the spread of bacteria but to also prolong the life of the sex toy.
Clean your luxury sex toys before and after each use to ensure that they are free from bacteria build-up.
(You could use soap and water, but soap can leave an unseen residue on the sex toy.)
If your toy has batteries, it is best to always take the batteries out before cleaning. (If your sex toy uses batteries, be careful around the area where the batteries are stored.)
BEST CLEANER: AfterGlow Cleansing Tissues
AfterGlow Cleansing Tissues are pre-moistened tissues and wipes to clean yourself and/or your sex toys before & after sex.
Excellent For Toys:
- For use on any toy material or surface
- Disinfects and sanitizes toys
- Lint & residue free
- Removes lube from toys
- Easy & convenient to use
Excellent For Skin:
- pH balanced for intimate skin
- Soothing & cooling on skin
- Great for removing lube or fluids
- Naturally & lightly scented
- Easy & convenient to use
- Can be used by women or men
It's always fun to try new things . . . especially when you are relaxed and not stressed while on vacation. This is your opportunity to experiment and have fun. The best part is if you make a lot of noise, you will never see any of your fellow vacationers ever again!