Order Tracking and Shipping Damage Protection with Route
- FREE award-winning order tracking app
- Real-time status updates and push notifications of your order status
- Route+ Shipping Insurance Covers…
- Lost or Missing Packages
- Shipping related damage (wheel coverage includes cosmetic damage to the front face and lip)
- Theft Protection (including porch pirates)
Frequently Asked Questions
Route automatically connects to everything you’ve ordered from all your favorite retailers while allowing you to visually track your packages, anytime, anywhere. Add Route Package Protection at checkout and unlock full package protection and seamless resolution for order issues.
Route offers you “peace of mind” package protection for your order. The cost to you – to fully protect your package in the event that it is lost, damaged, or stolen – is calculated based on the subtotal of the order.
Route uses delivery and order information to provide as much detail as possible about your order. To do this, Route parses your emails to collect order information such as tracking numbers, carrier names, and product info. We employ multiple layers of security to protect and secure customer data.
So you made an online purchase, and you thought everything would arrive as expected. Sadly, packages get lost, items get damaged, and things get stolen. It’s a good thing you protected your purchase with Route.
Note: Route refunds the cost of the item(s) alone. Shipping costs, taxes, and the Route premium are not included. Route also do not pay custom/duty fees.
How do you track deliveries on the Route mobile app?
You can view your deliveries in the Route mobile app to get a real-time view of where all of your packages are. On the MAP screen, you can swipe through cards or zoom into the map to see where packages are in-transit. Tap on a card to open up the Order Details page. You can also see a list view of all your packages on the Orders screen. From there, you can tap on orders to see the order details which will provide info around where your order is in transit.
Route Insurance Policies
What if my packages is presumed to be lost?
- Order issues for packages presumed to be lost by the carrier (where the status is not “delivered”) must be filed no sooner than 7 days after the last tracking update for United States domestic shipments (20 days for international shipments, including Canada unless a Canadian merchant is shipping within Canada in which case the 7 day domestic shipment timeline applies) and within 30 days from the last checkpoint.
Invalid address or delivery barriers
- Sometimes carriers cannot deliver the customer’s package due to an invalid address or other unexpected delivery barriers. At this point, the carrier might return the package to the sender/retailer. The customer’s package is not actually lost, thus Route does not cover this. In instances where the item is being returned to the sender and is reusable, customers will be referred to the retailer.
- The exception is retailers that ship perishable items (e.g. food, a mattress that cannot be reused).
Only part of the order delivered
- If you ordered several items in one package but only part of the order arrived and there is no evidence of tampering, Route does not cover the order issue. You will be referred to My Secret Luxury.
- If a single order is being shipped in multiple packages and one package does not arrive, Route will cover the order issue and reorder or refund the value of the undelivered package.
- If My Secret Luxury forgets to ship an item from your order, you need to contact My Secret Luxury to have the missing items fulfilled.
Packages labeled “return to sender”
- Route does not cover packages labeled return to sender because the order has been sent back to My Secret Luxury. Items are returned to sender when a customer provides an invalid or undeliverable address or refuses a delivery.
- At Route’s discretion, Route may cover the order issue if the returned item is perishable or if My Secret Luxury is unable to reuse it.*
- Route covers your order if the package gets lost in-transit back to My Secret Luxury.*
*Please note: Route Package Protection timeframes for filing apply.
Order stuck in customs
- Route cannot cover when your order is stuck in international borders/customs.
- Your next step is to pay the customs fees in order to receive the package.
- If Route replaces something you have already paid customs on, under Route’s discretion, Route can approve and pay customs the second time.
Order marked as unfulfilled or unshipped
- If your order is marked as unfulfilled or unshipped, the order hasn’t been fulfilled yet by My Secret Luxury (My Secret Luxury could be low on inventory of the items, internal delays with the fulfillment center, etc.).
- Route does not control how quickly My Secret Luxury ships your order. Route Package Protection is not yet in action because your order has not shipped.
Order issue filed too soon
- If you are filing an order issue the same day that the package was marked as delivered, at Route may ask you to wait 5 business days. Carriers (FedEx, USPS, UPS, DHL, etc.) sometimes prematurely mark the package as delivered when it’s still in transit.
What if my package was delivered but is missing?
At Route’s discretion, Route requires a police report when your package is marked as delivered.
- You file the police report and includes an explanation that Route is a package protection company that has protected your package that has been stolen. To process the order issue with Route, Route is requiring a police report.
- Send Route the police report PDF & number in the order issue.
Upon request, Route can require additional documentation (e.g. proof of identity, address, etc.).
Note: Depending upon the jurisdiction, a false police report may be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony
**Order issues for packages marked “delivered” yet not received are considered by Route as stolen and must be filed 5 days after “delivery date” but no longer than 15 days to ensure it was not mis-delivered or easily found around the premises.
Filing a police report
- On orders over $100, Route requires evidence of the police report.
- You file the police report and include an explanation that Route is a package protection company that has protected your package that has been stolen. To process the order issue with Route, Route is requiring a police report. Once filed, you send Route the police report PDF & number in the order issue.
- Upon request, Route can require additional documentation (e.g. proof of identity, address, notary, etc.).
Delivered to wrong address
- If you input the correct address at checkout and the package was delivered to the wrong address, Route considers this as stolen and we will replace the order on your behalf.
Damaged Items Policies
- If you received a broken item and need to dispose of it (i.e. shattered glass), you needs to check your city ordinances and dispose of it properly.
- You do not need to ship it back to My Secret Luxury (unless My Secret Luxury indicates otherwise).
- A damaged item is considered to be a broken product that is unusable, clearly fractured, shattered, bent (if not bendable), crushed, etc.
- Route does not cover cosmetic damage (scratches, dents, etc.), manufacturing damages, packaging errors, or unsealed items. At Route’s discretion, Route may offer a 15-30% refund depending on the severity of the cosmetic damage.
- Route requires further evidence of your damaged item (i.e. more photos, videos, etc.).
- Route cannot reorder customized items for you because of the additional liability of ordering your custom item incorrectly. Route can offer a refund instead.
Out of stock
- Route doesn’t have visibility to My Secret Luxury’s inventory or when My Secret Luxury will have your item back in stock.
- Route can offer you a refund for the item that is out of stock. You can always use that refund to order the item when it’s back in stock.
Input wrong address
- If you entered the wrong address at the time of order, Route does not cover this.
- You need to reach out to My Secret Luxury to remedy the incorrect address.
- If you are unsatisfied with your product, Route is not a product replacement plan and the order issue cannot be approved.
- You must to reach out to My Secret Luxury. This request may be covered under My Secret Luxury’s return policy.
Too late to file
- Route can action an order issue that is filed within the bounds of their domestic/international timeline policy. If an order issue is filed outside of this timeline, Route will deny the order issue according to these policies:
- Order issues for packages marked “delivered” yet not received and where there is no evidence of “porch piracy” must be made 5 days after “delivery date” but no longer than 15 days to ensure it was not mis-delivered or easily found around the premises.”
- Order issues for packages presumed to be lost by the carrier (where the status is not “delivered”) must be filed no sooner than 7 days after the scheduled delivery date for United States domestic shipments (20 days for international shipments, including Canada unless a Canadian merchant is shipping within Canada in which case the 7 day domestic shipment timeline applies) and within 30 days from the last checkpoint.
Expedited shipping hasn’t arrived
- If your package is delayed for whatever reason, Route will not cover it.
- Carriers update their website with expected delays due to inclement weather or other barriers to expected delivery.
- If you paid for expedited shipping but the package arrives outside of the expected window, Route will not cover it.
Payment installment companies
- For payment installments (Sezzle), it is your responsibility to pay the payment installment company directly.
- Once Route refunds you for your order, you must pay your installments to the payment installment company directly.
No tracking information
- Route reserves the right to deny order issues where no tracking number/information is available. In these instances, Route will reach out to My Secret Luxury to see if one can be provided.
Package in Pre-Shipment
- Route reserves the right to deny order issues where package tracking is marked as “pre-shipment”.
Non-sanctioned shipping address
- Route is based in the United States of America. Due to shipping policies in the US, Route will not cover issues shipped to countries that are sanctioned by the US. List available here
Closed order issues
- If you does not respond within 5 days, Route will automatically close the order issues. You can open the order issues back up by responding to the original thread.
Didn’t want Route
- If your order has not shipped, Route can refund the Route premium.
- If your order has shipped, Route is already protecting the package and cannot offer a refund.