A Sex Educator's Guide: How Do Prostate Massagers Work? Buy high quality luxury adult toys for men at My Secret Luxury, your luxury adult store. Free discreet shipping.
How Do Prostate Massagers Work: A Sex Educator's Guide
This post was last updated on January 9, 2021 at 2:49 p.m.
Prostate massagers, prostate vibrators, and male vibrators - all these male sex toys and sex toys for men are becoming mainstream fast! Men, who are either beginners or advanced users, can use toys to experience pleasure too, right?
Some of the best men's sex toys are prostate massagers and stimulators that stimulate the prostate. Using prostate massagers -- whether they vibrate or not -- gives you different sensations of pleasure and for some, the most AMAZING orgasm ever!!
Many men use these male sex toys during solo or couples play. Prostate massagers are even more fun when used with a remote control! They are a great addition to anyone’s toolbox because they add variety, fun, and more pleasure to your sexual play!
THE BASICS . . .
What Is a Prostate?
The prostate is a walnut-sized gland in people born with penises. It stores semen and is located about 2-3 inches inside the anus toward the belly. It’s near the root of the penis (the place inside the body where the penis starts), just below the bladder.
The prostate gland is considered to be the male G-Spot, also known as the P-Spot. When stimulated, this area of the body gives you mind-blowing pleasure.
To find the prostate with your fingers, with a man lying on his back, insert your longest finger into his rectum, then curve it up towards his belly. Move your finger in an upward motion along the wall of the rectum that faces the front of his body.You should then be able to feel a walnut-sized bump.
During a prostate massage, excess semen is released and the prostate is cleansed. When there is too much semen, bacteria builds up and you then have a larger prostate.
The prostate helps with reproduction and orgasm. It creates a fluid that protects sperm and helps with ejaculation. This fluid helps sperm move more quickly and stay alive much longer after ejaculation. Prostate fluid actually makes up about 30% of ejaculate and is responsible for the bitter taste.
What Are the Benefits of Prostate Massage?
Regular prostate massage reduces the size of your prostate. If you have a larger prostate, you can experience prostatitis, prostate cancer, genital pain, erectile dysfunction and frequent nighttime urination. (This is why people with prostate issues have to pee a lot: it’s pressing against the bladder.)
Other prostate massager benefits include:
- Bigger, long-lasting, and more intense orgasm ... and sometimes multiple orgasms
- Thicker erections with frequent prostate massages
- Helps with erectile dysfunction
- Improves overall erectile function
- Reduces pain from prostate swelling and soreness
- Cleans toxins out of your reproductive system
- Increases seminal fluid and circulation for a better chance of conceiving
Does a Prostate Massage Hurt?
NO, so long as you are doing it the right way. Many men experience intense, long-lasting, and multiple orgasms from a prostate massage. These orgasms are even stronger than a penile orgasm. The prostate is often called the ‘male G-spot’ or the ‘P-spot’ because just like the G-spot, it brings deep sexual pleasure when it’s massaged.
Are You a Homosexual If You Enjoy a Prostate Massage?
What makes you gay or a homosexual is the partner you choose to do sexual play with -- NOT the actual sexual play! Both straight and gay men enjoy prostate massages and use a prostate massager because of the sexual pleasure that they get from it.
Anal pleasure is part of maintaining a man’s peak sensual health.
How to Do a Prostate Massage?
When the prostate is stimulated, it can lead to enhanced pleasure and amazing and powerful orgasms. The prostate can be stimulated externally, but very minimally. To massage it externally, use your fingers (or a sex toy) to touch, rub, stroke, or press the perineum (or taint…the area between the testicles and the butt).
Externally is a good place to start if you’ve never explored prostate stimulation before, if you aren’t ready for anal play, OR as a warmup before internal play. Play around with different sensations like rubbing or tapping and pressures to see what feels best.
An internal prostate massage can be accomplished with a finger(s). With clean finger(s) and lots of personal lubricant, move your finger(s) in a reverse come-hither position. (This is similar to how you would stimulate the G-spot.) You can sit up, with your legs wide or lie back with something like a Liberator pillow below your hips. Of course, this can be difficult to do to yourself and is easier with the help of a partner.
Unlike the vagina, the anus does not produce natural lubrication. Therefore, you should use lubricant!!
The easiest and best way to massage your prostate is with a prostate massager and stimulator.
How Do Prostate Massagers Work?
Most prostate massagers have a large, round head that curves down and rubs against the prostate, creating maximum arousal. Some prostate massagers and stimulators also feature external stimulation on the perineum, which gives you an even more pleasurable experience.
Whenever you put anything in the butt, you want to make sure you or your partner is relaxed, you start small, and work your way up to longer, wider things.
A lot of personal lubricant is needed with prostate massagers, which will make prostate massagers easier to insert and make the prostate massage more comfortable. Depending on the material of the toy, most toys work best with thicker water-based lubricant, which feels wet and makes the experience more comfortable. Use a silicone-based anal lubricant when using non-silicone sex toys.
It is very important to clean your prostate massager before and after each use because you do not want any bacteria living on your prostate stimulator. Prostate massagers should be washed before and after every use with soap and warm water or sex toy cleaner.
Are There Different Types of Prostate Massagers?
There are two different types of prostate massagers: non-vibrating and vibrating.
Non-vibrating prostate massagers require you to do all of the work whether you are rocking back and forth so that the prostate massager stimulates the prostate or moving the prostate stimulator manually.
Vibrating prostate massagers do all the work for you. With different speeds and vibration patterns, you will have a lot of options during your prostate massage exploration. Some vibrating massagers also have a remote control, which makes it easier to use and very fun to use with a partner.
When Should You Use a Prostate Massager?
You can use a prostate massager during foreplay to add variety to your sexual play. You can also massage the prostate during oral sex or vaginal penetration for a different type of stimulation.
Why Should You ONLY Use A Premium Prostate Massager?
Premium luxury sex toys are of higher quality products.
Would you rather drive a Maserati or a Ford? If price were no object, the answer is simple: you would want to drive a Maserati. Why? It’s faster, made with better materials, more exclusive, etc.
The same is true with high-quality luxury sex toys. They are:
- made of body-safe materials (rather than toxic chemicals that are harmful to your body)
- more powerful
- built to last a long time (or will be replaced if they don’t!)
Luxury sex toy manufacturers maintain rigorous standards for their products, spend a lot of time and money on research and development, and stand by their products with at least one-year warranties.
High-quality premium adults toys do NOT have:
- rough seams
- a rubbery chemical smell like that of a new shower curtain
- “jelly” materials
Luxury, quality, and safety come at a price! Remember: you get what you pay for when it comes to adult products.
Tips For Using A Prostate Massager?
Consider these tips before using a prostate massager.
- Maintain good hygiene. Attention to cleanliness is important for any form of anal play. Proper anal sex safety reduces the spread of sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and bacteria. Before trying a prostate massage, use the bathroom and clean yourself thoroughly with a warm bath or shower. Wash your prostate massager before and after every use.
- Get comfortable. The muscles in and around your anus need time to relax. Light some candles, put on some sexy music, and ease into the experience. If you are engaging in a prostate massage with a partner, be sure to take your time with foreplay. Once you are relaxed and turned on, find a position that gives you easy access for prostate stimulation. Consider lying on your back with your knees up, or face down on your stomach with your partner behind you.
- Use lots of lube. With any form of anal penetration, a generous amount of is essential. Identify the type of lubricant that works best for you, and then keep it close during a prostate massage. Reapply lube often. Without proper lubrication, you run the risk of tearing the sensitive tissue in your rectum.
- Start with a finger. Before using a sex toy for prostate massage, consider working your way up to it by trying fingering first. For comfort, trim your fingernails or wear a glove. After applying lube, slide your finger an inch or two into the anus, and hold it there for a moment, allowing your sphincter muscles to get used to the sensation. Once comfortable, slide your finger deeper until you feel a rough bump about three inches inside your rectum. Rub your finger lightly against the upper side of your rectum towards the base of the penis in a “come hither” motion. If you are performing this on a partner, make sure to communicate well, and listen carefully to what feels good and what doesn’t. If there is discomfort or pain, remove your finger slowly.
- Find the right prostate massager for you. While prostate stimulation is possible with other types of anal sex toys, like anal beads and butt blugs, prostate massagers are designed specifically to enhance the pleasure zone around your prostate. Do your research to find a prostate massager that comes in the right size and material for you. When you have a prostate massager you’re comfortable using, insert it slowly, and use it as you would your finger to gently stimulate the prostate. Prostate orgasm is possible, but you’ll likely need to stimulate other erogenous zones, including the penis, to achieve orgasm.
- Talk with your doctor about prostate problems. If you are considering prostate massage therapy as a treatment for a prostate condition, consult a medical professional first. A doctor may perform a prostate exam in order to identify prostate cancer or chronic prostatitis, an inflammation of the prostate gland. While antibiotics and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are typically used to address prostatitis, your doctor may also suggest prostate massage therapy as a treatment. If you experience pain during ejaculation, pelvic pain, or difficulty with your urine flow, talk to your doctor immediately.
The top . . .
BEST NON-VIBRATING PROSTATE MASSAGER: Aneros Helix Syn Trident
Excellent for beginners, the Aneros Helix Syn Trident is a prostate stimulator that is super comfortable and smooth for a mind-blowing prostate orgasm.
Combining the original Helix design with a solid inner frame that maintains the rigidity necessary for an amazing prostate massager, the Aneros Helix Syn Trident has:
- A large angled head for more focused stimulation
- "W" arms for external perineum stimulation
- A contoured body that is great for beginners and advanced users
- Super soft silicone
Medically researched and designed, the Aneros remains the only patented device of its kind. With its 4 inch insertable length and curved design, the Aneros Helix Syn Trident is a hands-free sex toy with a self-pivoting mechanism that simultaneously massages the prostate (male G-spot) and perineum giving you the most intense orgasm that you have ever had.
BONUS: Vibrating Aneros Helix Syn
The fifth generation hands-free male G-spot stimulator, the Aneros Helix Syn V combines the award-winning shape and anatomically designed contours of the best-selling prostate massager with the added intensity of vibration. The result is orgasms of enormous power and depth, experiences so intense they will forever change your frame of reference about sexual pleasure.
Aside from a small control tab extending from the base, and magnetic charging contacts, the Aneros Helix Syn V is almost indistinguishable from the Helix Syn Trident, yet it’s a far more versatile, more powerful device.
BEST ADJUSTABLE PROSTATE MASSAGER: We-Vibe Vector
Vector's adjustable head applies firm yet gentle pressure on the prostate, and Vector's base is flexible yet stable while stimulating the perineum. This luxury sex toy for men has two motors that work together to stimulate both the prostate and the perineum with rumbling vibrations and gentle pressure.
You can control both motors independently and change the speed and vibration modes with the easy-to-use wireless remote control or the free We-Connect app. Use We-Connect to control Vector's two motors independently, play and share control of Vector from anywhere, create custom vibes and play together with other We-Vibe products.
BEST REMOTE CONTROLLED PROSTATE MASSAGER: Lovense Edge 2
(Free discreet shipping)
Lovense Edge 2 is a powerful remote controlled adjustable prostate massager.
Edge 2's adjustable arm and head gives you a more intense and direct prostate stimulation. The adjustable head ensures it hits the right spot for most men and doesn't move after adjusting.
The larger bulb just above the neck ensures more stability during prostate stimulation and stronger prostate stimulation. The combination of a longer/thinner neck and enlarged bulb ensures better toy retention.
Dual, whisper-quiet motors in the internal head and external perineum arm provide maximum pleasure.
Smartphone control makes solo play, foreplay or discreet public play easier and more fun! Edge 2' optimized layout and design of the antenna ensures a more stable connection.
BEST DUAL MOTOR PROSTATE MASSAGER: PLEX WITH FLEX BY HOT OCTOPUSS
(Free discreet shipping)
PleX with Flex is a customizable and remote controlled vibrating butt plug with a unique flexible base that uses Hot Octopuss' patented Treble and Bass Technology.
Unlike conventional butt plugs that are rigid, PleX with Flex is designed to fit your body with extra comfort. Offering the ultimate comfort and targeted prostate stimulation, PleX features a flexible base that bends up to 90 degrees.
Ergonomically designed for comfort and vibration transfer, PleX with Flex is perfectly sized for all levels of experience. PleX features a smooth bulb shape that is tapered to deliver orgasmic vibrations to your booty as well as pinpoint prostate stimulation for those looking for incredible prostate play.
The Treble motor at the tip emits powerful high-frequency waves, while the Bass motor in the body delivers deep, rumbly vibrations. Adjust the Treble and Bass to find your perfect customized frequency.
PleX includes a remote control, enabling seamless switching between settings without ever needing to touch the toy.
BEST STAINLESS STEEL PROSTATE MASSAGER: Njoy Pfun Plug
The Pfun Plug Prostate Massager by Njoy is an ergonomically smooth stainless steel prostate massager that a delivers firm and controlled prostate massage.
The prostate stimulator is designed at a slight angle, which mirrors the curves of the body. The larger rounded head delights while the second smaller bulb delivers additional stimulation. Whether manually controlled or activated with your own muscles as a hands-free sex toy, the Pfun Plug prods the P-spot with precision.
Cast in 316 medical-grade stainless steel and hand polished to a mirror shine, the Njoy Pfun Plug Prostate Massager retains heat and cold beautifully for temperature play.
Thank you for reading this guide!